Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Plunge

Best viewed large.

Tomáš and I have taken another marital plunge, buying artwork together. Maybe it doesn't sound like much of a plunge to you, but given the vast differences of opinion and taste that we seem to have for...well...just about everything, I really never thought I'd see the day. Or at least I thought I'd see the day after a lot of discussion, disagreement, agreement to disagree and compromise on one or both of our parts. Enter our amazingly talented friend Eva, who posted these pieces up on Facebook and made easy work of our decision. We both loved them immediately. She doesn't know I'm writing this and will probably be greatly embarrassed, but I don't care. She has such a gift for not only drawing animals realistically, but capturing their essence in a profoundly poetic and unique way. I am also the proud owner of another piece of her's, and as soon as we find a capable person with a drill (walls here are concrete) we will finally hang them.

3 comments:

  1. haha...that's cute "marital plunge". But actually, I totally get it. Chris and I haven't done it. Though, on our honeymoon we both found this painting at the Vancouver BC Art Museum that absolutely transfixed us...Island, MacCullam Lake, 1921 by Lawren Harris. It was just....one of those paintings we both wanted to stare at for hours. Sadly, can't find any prints of it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up. That's not what I expected at ALL! Wish you could find a print : (

    ReplyDelete