Friday, December 9, 2011

Not-so-newsy News

Well, seeing how it (was) Pearl Harbor day (the one and only date of historical significance that I am able to hold in my head for some unknown reason), I guess it's apropo for me to post a picture from our Thanksgiving. Like the photo, our Thanksgiving was also late, as Tomáš was not given Thanksgiving Thursday off for another unknown reason. But alas, we still whooped it up big, just the four of us. Me, Tomáš, Lily and a tiny Tom turkey. It was my first attempt at making one and I do not have a good report. I had neither a proper roasting pan nor one of those roaster bags, so you can guess where this is headed. Also without a thermometer, I let my fear of the underdone outweigh my fear of the dried out, thus resulting in, well, turkey jerky. Not all of it, but some of it for sure. Sadly nothing turned out to my satisfaction except for the stuffing and mashed potatoes (oh, and the Ikea cranberries), but nothing was a disaster, so we gobble-gobbled it up with thankful hearts and had a really nice day.     
 And in other news...
 Bug has taken great interest in tooth-brushing. She brushes along with us like a real pro.
I'm so excited about her new coat. It was supposed to be for Christmas but I decided to give it to her early so we could get three more weeks out of it. It has an owl. And fake fur. What could be better?
Taking it for a spin.

And she's not the only one who got a new coat for Christmas. Our building did too.
         This is a perfect before and after shot, since our building was identical to the one on the left.
What do you think?     

No comments:

Post a Comment