Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fashion Show

Well, it's about time for a little baby fashion show. And when I say little I mean the fashion show, not the baby. I've started actually dressing Bug in some of her dress-up dresses because A) the weather's been warm enough, B) I've learned that with babies you can't wait very long for those special occasions to do it because before you know it they've grown out of them. And for us that window of opportunity is especially short. And C) it brings me great pleasure. She's like the perfect model in that she looks adorable in everything (Tomáš wrote a song which has a line, ''you could put a potato sack on me and I'd still be super cute'') and is at the mercy of my fashion choices; her only drawback is her aversion to dress changes and the wiggly avoidance thereof. So, today's subject is the dress.     



From Auntie Rachael in China. Square neckline, puffy sleeves, adorable leaf print and precious underskirt.

Doesn't do much to elongate the neck, though.

Next up, from Grandma Montana, a swingy little number with fluttery cap sleeves, a collar and print reminiscent of the fifties. Peek-a-boo diaper.

Accessories: pacifier and spit-up spot.
Next we have this sleeveless v-neck from a friend's mom/customer of my mom's. Springy tulip print, large pink bow.


Perfect for clapping in.


Pretty as a picture.
And last up, from Auntie Katie is the baby muu-muu (don't get me wrong, I LOVE it!). Judy Jetson neckline, cutest print... 
...and by far the best removal.
So, what do you think?

1 comment: