Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Quote, Unquote

I got a package from the tallest man on earth. Actually, I got a package from The Tallest Man on Earth. And I'm seeing just a weee little bit of green that he's going to play in Missoula at the Wilma Theater next month. You lucky ducks.


But the real point of this post is just to make you smile, which I hope to achieve with a couple quotes and the following picture.

Lily: What's this?
Me: A TV screen
Lily: What's this?
Me: A computer screen.
Lily: Where are you, ice cream?

Lily (Regarding some black licorice): Please, another ''last one.''

Lily (Looking at a book about a bunny by a swamp): What's this?
Me: A lily.
Lily: What's this?
Me: A water lily.
Lily: What's this?
Me: A lily pad.
Lily: And this (is) a mama's pad.

Lily: Kol'ko je hodín?
Ja: Osem.
Lily: Kol'ko je minút?

One student of mine: I like tattoos, just not on my body.

Tomáš (watching Project Runway where a group of designers all very ''kindly'' said that one designer should go home): They didn't throw her under the bus, they caressed her under the bus. [Imitates slow-motion, big-smiled gentle pushing, then kicking under aforementioned bus].

And my favorite:
Tomáš (Watching Project Runway [again] with Bette Midler): Alf's father...did he act in anything else?...(laughter)...Ok, adopted father...you know, the guy in the glasses, did you ever hear about him?...(laughter)...is he alive?...Poor guy! He must be like 80! : ) : ) : )

And later that evening, out of nowhere
Tomáš: What is Michael Jordan doing?

Hope these brought a smile to your face like they did mine. But I really wrote this post just so I could bring you this picture...



Flock of Seagulls ain't got nothin' on her. (To achieve this look, just add goulash).


No comments:

Post a Comment