Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy Birthdays

I don't know about you, but I'm in need of a little sunshine today. Our whole family got hit hard with the flu bug and I'll be so happy when it's out of all of our systems. Here's how we spent Lily and Rosy's birthdays back in October and November.
I attempted my first ice cream cake this year. Lily had asked for a pink cake, so I thought yellow cake with pink frosting would be cute. She loves strawberry and so does Tomáš, so I mixed frozen strawberries with vanilla ice cream. I froze the ice cream in the cake pans to get the perfect size and it worked nicely. However, in my sugar-cutting zeal, I cut a little too much, and it turned out under sweet, if I can invent a term. This, however, meant the too-sweet frosting was a nice accent instead of an overpowering gross-out. If I had it to do over again, I would frost in between the ice cream layers. Nevertheless, Lily and T loved it, which is all that matters to me.









Ok, that was waaay too many pictures of cake.














Images that make me happy:





Totally sweet surprise. I was amazed.

Birthday girl number two...turning one.


















Happy birthdays, sweet babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment