Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lily's Mural

I had been wanting to paint a tree on Lily's wall for a long time but was always too timid to do it myself. So when James was here and my friend Eva, an artist, was planning on coming too, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I had them chalk in the outline first and then they filled it in with paint. I ran damage control (aka made sure the girls didn't do any painting of their own) while they worked, and took pictures regularly to document the process. Despite the clothes changes, it was all done in one day. If you look closely you can see the lighting change before and after lunch. (Sequence best seen by clicking on first photo and then holding down the right arrow). Tomáš thinks putting all eight billion pictures up is overkill and no one will want to look, but I think it turned out pretty cool. The tree too. I plan on adding a monkey to represent Monkey (Lily) and another little animal to represent baby number two. A big thanks to my artistic counterparts. I am very excited about the results.





























































































































1 comment: