Friday, July 20, 2012

Here's What's Up.

Yesterday I put my cousin on a bus. Lily cried like crazy as they drove away, which is probably the only thing that kept me from completely losing it. I had to try and comfort her, but I, myself, felt like breaking down right then and there at the bus stop. My throat was tight all morning and I fought tears for much of the day. We had had a wonderful time with her. Lily absolutely loves her and even today kept calling for Jamey. She is on her way home after six years on the mission field in St.Petersburg, Russia and was able to make a stop in Slovakia to see us for six days. Part of what made her leaving so hard was that I don't know when I'll see her again. Her future is wide open and even she doesn't know where on the globe she'll go in the coming months. And the other thing is that she is my last visitor in the foreseeable future. My family always wants to come, but so far there are no concrete plans. The day before she left I told her that I was dreading that day and she said that that was better than being glad to see her go. I guess she's right. I'll have a post about her visit, but in the meantime, here's what transpired in the time before her arrival.... 

Outside the hospital after the gender-determining ultrasound....IT'S A GIRL!!!!



During our two-week tropical heat wave, we spent a lot of time in ''the pool.''

We celebrated mine and my brother-in-law's birthdays and my sister-in-law's name day by having a grill party, aka bbq in the in-laws' beautiful garden. There was music.




Canning jars

I tried my hand at making jam from some red currants my MIL gave me.


Delicious, if I do say so myself.

We kept a spray bottle with us at all times. It was wonderful.

My loves.




We've been having some really nice sunsets lately. Here are a few...













Cool light after a lightning storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment