Friday, May 6, 2011

35 Things Before 35

I turn 35 on June 24th and I've been thinking about what I can do in the meantime to sort of make this occasion more meaningful. I've thought of lots of things like writing and sending 35 letters (but frankly just don't have the funds for that right now) or something having to do with running, but when I really thought about what I'd like to accomplish between now and then it boiled down to this; I want to make 35 things before I turn 35. Now, I am the kind of person who dabbles in a lot of things but is not really good at any of them. But, I do believe that you can improve anything with practice. So the areas that I want to make things in will include: sewing, cooking, baking, writing (excluding this blog) and some kind of visual art like painting or drawing. With Lily I find that my creative inspiration is at an all-time high, but my energy and motivation are at all-time lows. She gives me a good two-hour window almost every day in which I could do something creative, but I generally tend to choose to catch up on sleep or clean or just go online for some brain vegging. And there are sure to still be some days like that from now til then, so I'm allowing myself 49 days to make 35 things. I hope most of them will at least be worth writing about, like a new recipe or something gourmet rather than, ''I made scrambled eggs for dinner." Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment