Friday, April 22, 2011

Big Friday

Please forgive the nail polish
Trying out this sitting up thing
The beginning of the end
Stunning
Happy Good Friday, everyone. Or as it's called in Slovakia, Big Friday. I, for one, had a very lovely day. Bug took two hefty naps, allowing for both Tomáš and I to get some extra much-needed Zs this morning. Also, I'm just always glad to have him home on a weekday. It was one of those days where I just felt like I got a lot accomplished, even if ''a lot'' is relative. Having a baby kind of plummets expectations for productivity. (Can plummet be a transitive verb?) Anyhoo, it just felt nice and relaxed somehow, and we topped it off with a walk to get ice cream and go to the church. Notice how I phrased that, ''go to the church'' as opposed to ''go to church,'' (isn't English tricky?) What I mean is, Tomáš played worship for the Big Friday service tonight, which started at Lily's bedtime (5 p.m.), so we went there at 4:30 so he could set up. I had hoped to see some people, but no one came early except for our pastor, (whom I was glad to see, don't get me wrong : ) and Lily sent me scurrying frantically home with the ardor of a mother with screaming baby in-stroller. But before that happened, we got to enjoy some gorrrrrgeous weather, some beauuuutiful trees and some deeeelicious pistachio ice cream. Besides, as Lily was laughing at my efforts to get her to sleep, (and by ''efforts'' I mean sitting in the living room) I got to read a little Philip Yancey and reflect on what Jesus did for us all those years ago on a night like this. Happy Good Friday, everyone.

2 comments: