Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Big T-W-O

    Two years ago right now I was still in the hospital after having given birth to Lily. Tired, excited, nervous, uncertain and completely in love. I distinctly remember having the feeling that I wanted time to slow down, or even to stop. I didn't want her to grow up too fast. I wanted to remember everything, to capture everything. Unfortunately we don't always get what we wish for..fast-forward two years (already!) and here we have a beautiful bouncy blonde ball of energy. The absolute joy of our lives, who is brilliant, hilarious, mischievous, curious, sweet, quick and wonderful. Tomáš tells her every single night before bed that she is a good egg, and it's true. We celebrated this little egg on Saturday and I was very pleased with the party. I tried to fill it with personality, because she has that to spare. And what we lacked in decorations, she more than made up for in radiance. I may not have gotten my wish for time to slow down, but I got more than I ever could have wished for in her. Happy second birthday, Bug. We love you.
I hung this outside our door. Her sign reads ''Welcome'' in Slovak.


Cousin Verka congratulting Lily, a Slovak tradition


Lots of fun gifts from ''Auntie Doctor Bea,'' as Bug calls her



Favorite picture of the day


Birthday outfit I made for her



Elmooooooo!


She took one dainty swipe of frosting


and that was all she ate
As for a theme, I went ahead and went with the ombre idea, but didn't take it too far. I just wanted something pretty and feminine. I already had the material for Lily's dress and kind of just jumped off from there. We also had fresh pineapple and Tomáš made his delicious gulaš for dinner. You can't see the window decorations very well but they're supposed to be clouds, stars, a sun and moon because Lily loves those.







Hop, hop, hop!

Trying on her backpack from Grandma Montana


And of course checking herself out in the mirror


Description Happy Tuesday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment