Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hats

The past couple of times I've taken Lily out for a walk, her attire has seemed noticeably out of place. Her thick, ear-flapped hat and fur-lined parka screamed arctic winter when all around us everything sang of spring. Spring is Slovakia's loveliest season without question. It comes early and it comes in strong. In Montana, spring is a tease, and more often than not trickles in, intermingled with still plenty of snow and cold and for the most part, flowers are few and far-between until halfway through the season. (There are freak, global warming exceptions, of course, but I am talking about the Montana of my youth). But in the mildness of this climate, flowers come early and in plenty. And so yesterday we set out in search of a thinner hat. The Tesco bargain rack did not disappoint. The pickins, as they say, were slim, but as it turns out the pickins were just what we needed. I grabbed the first pink hat I saw and probably made an audible sound of disgust when I saw Hannah Montana staring back at me. So I grabbed the only other girly one and although it never would have been my first choice, I decided that Animal was pretty stinkin' cool. And kind of perfect for our little monkey. Plus, it cost one Euro and five cents. And the purple one with the bow was also on clearance, and I think it's clear why I bought that one. As I scrolled through recent photos, I realized that Lily actually wears a lot of headware. She asks to have it put on, which is surprising since most babies don't like hats. She runs to us to have us put it on and then runs to her mirror (her makeup table ; ) to admire herself.
How she spends most of her stroller rides now; arched backwards to look at me
Sky so blue I had to take a picture



Animaaaaaaal!









No comments:

Post a Comment