Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hollow-ween

     Yesterday morning Lily asked if I would play with her. I asked what she wanted to play and she said that Strawberry Shortcake's Daddy was gonna ''wear this'' (second from left). So we got the idea for all her figurines to dress up for Halloween. This was by far the best thing to come out of Halloween this year. Or possibly any year. I've never been a big fan of Halloween, but I am even less so since having kids. Lily had a Halloween party at her art school and I naively thought they would just have a little parade with all the kids in cute costumes, but it turned out to be a lot of magic spells and dance lessons, far too, ahem, advanced for their age. Call me a Puritan if you like, but I now officially hate this holiday. Friday night I mustered up the courage to attend an exercise class, and because it landed on Halloween, everyone was dressed up and taking shots. Photo shots as well as Becherovka. Two of the women there didn't exercise at all, but instead walked around offering, nay, pushing shots on people and attempting to be funny? Loud, brash and brazen are not my idea of a good time, much less a good workout. I know, I know, I could stand to lighten up a bit, but I'd just as soon be done with this holiday. Thankful not to have trick-or-treating and allllll that candy hanging over my head, I'm looking forward to Rosy's birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  

Elephant the bunny, Strawberry's daddy the witch, Zebra the doggie, Horsie the shark, Doggie the townsperson





No comments:

Post a Comment