Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Our Weekend


     Rule number one: Never say that your sleep situation can't get any worse. Because it can. A good friend told me that I shouldn't blog about being tired. I should go to sleep. I know she's right, but here's the thing, I enjoy writing and blogging and I feel like I've given up everydarnthing else around here and it's all I've got left. Even this morning I decided I'll have to give up the one hour I get with Tomáš from 9 to 10 pm because if I can't have uninterrupted sleep, I better have a lot of interrupted sleep. Grumble, grumble.
     Lily likes to look at the ads. Here she was picking out which chocolate she was going to get for Christmas and then fist pumping about it. 
     


Fresh mozzarella and grapes from Tomáš' uncle's vine.

Personal challenge: make words out of the letters left on the fridge.

Scribble pictures! I used to love it when my mom would make these for us.

     Last week our Babka had a birthday, so we went to celebrate with her on Sunday. She asked that no one buy her flowers, because she had enough, but Lily broke the rule and uprooted a whole marigold plant down the street from our church. Sweet little gesture, though.
     The girls and their Dedko. Our girls love their Dedko. And he adores them. He watches Rosy two days a week while I teach. He practices his English on her : ) I'm so thankful for him.





     Babka had some TP rolls in her arts and crafts drawer, so I dug them out and started drawing on them. Verka joined me and made a really nice zebra with a front and back view, and some other things. I told her to stick them on their Christmas tree. Not so sure my sister-in-law will love the idea : )



 Two years ago this second I was laying on an operating table, holding the latest love of my life in my arms, tired for my life and thankful. Not much has changed. I'm still tired and I'm still thankful. 




Lily, the day Rosy was born.


Happy 2nd birthday, little muffin. 



*Excuse the irregular text patterns here, Blogger was being a piece of cr@#!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweetie pie! I love her sassy, knowing ways. Also, I would like to think that I have something to do with teaching Lily the art of fist-pumping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh my gosh, thank you for that laugh. I needed it! What's the plan for Rubes' big T-W-O?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welllll I have no plan :( prob just family and a cake. #lamemom

    ReplyDelete