Friday, November 28, 2014

The Beauty of Today

     I have kept a journal for most of my life and I used to write exhaustively about every little thing that happened. This has become a luxury, but I still want to capture the sweet moments throughout my day. If I don't have time to expand, every night I write at least what I call The Beauty of Today. I used to share them on Facebook sometimes, but since I don't have that outlet anymore, I thought I'd share a few of them here. These are just things to make you smile. Who doesn't need a few more of those in their life?


In town when they played funeral music for death announcements over the loud speaker:
Lily: I like this song.
Me: Do you?
Lily: Yeah, when I don't have a trumpet or a big bass drum I like to listen to it.

Measuring Rosy and finding out she's gained 1.5 or 2 kilos (3-4 pounds) and hasn't gained a millimeter. Stocky, solid little thing.

Brushing Rosy's teeth and her ''spitting'' into the tub, AKA making little kissy noises.

Lily and Rosy playing store together, heart-burstingly precious to watch. Rosy with her purses and Lily with everything costing ''sto dva'' (102). I guess we've had inflation since two months ago everything cost 45.

Lily singing to the tune of The Ants Go Marching One By One ''I'm a little kangaroo, boing boing boing, '' while hopping through the flat.

Lily: Mommy, I made a palacinka (crêpe) (with modeling clay).
Me: What kind? 
Lily: Uhorková with jablčky (pickle with little apples).  

Rosy imitating Lily bending over for bottom wiping.

Lily's cute questions like: What happens when you don't wash your hands? or
Why does the sun go down?

Lily: Stop interesting me! (Instead of interrupting).

Lily made an airplane out of Legos, and was playing with a girl and a horse:
Horse: Can I go on the plane with you?
Girl: You have to ask your daddy.
Horse: Daddy, can I go on the plane?
Daddy horse: Of course you can.
Horse: Ok, let's go
...
Then she'll throw in things like
Can I have a juice?
No you can't. 

A conversation:
Me:...and then your daddy asked me to marry him.
Lily: And then you got your wedding shirt?
Me: Yes. I said yes and then I went and bought a wedding dress.
Lily: And what was Daddy wearing?
Me: A suit.
Lily: Like a magician's costume? (Big smile, chuckles)
Me: Yes, like a magician's costume. 

Silly Rosy unzipping my fly repeatedly.

We kept trying to get Lily to eat her broccoli soup and she was SO persistent about not eating it, meanwhile I made liver pâté.
Tomáš: You're not having any liver if you don't eat your soup.
Lily (scream-crying): I'M GOING TO HAVE LIVER!!!

Rosy (upon discovering her boobs) Čo to? 

Lily: I was hoping for a circle moon.
Rosy: Suh-Cuh mooon.

Lily: Guess how much I love you.
Me: How much?
Lily: Twen-teen!
Me: Wow, that's a lot!

I finished Lily's jack-o-lantern and put a candle inside and turned off the lights. She really liked it and kept looking, then ran and got her myška (mouse) to show her (held her face up so she could look inside), then her monkey. Then Rosy brought a stack of Legos to show it to.

Tomáš to Rosy (when discussing potty training): You see, Rosy, there's more to life than just sleeping and eating, there's piddling and pooping too. 

Happy post-Thanksgiving sleep-it-off day! Many more beauties to come!

3 comments:

  1. these are precious and hilarious! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvi!!!!! Been thinking about you all week! Thanks for commenting : )

      Delete