Friday, November 7, 2014

Two Red Beauties and a Kitschy-Cat Cup

     If there's one thing I know about kitsch it's this; there is bad kitsch, and kitsch-so-bad-it's-good kitsch. And when I saw this mug, I just knew I had to own it. It is most definitely good kitsch. I told myself the girls would get a kick out of drinking from a kitty mug, a kitschy mug, but let's be honest, it was all for me. I am not a cat person, and maybe that's part of what makes it appealing to me. Oh, the irony.

    And if there's anything I love more than cat cups, it's cute free clothes. My friend told me years ago, before I even asked, that Lily would inherit this coat. And last weekend she did. Tomáš must really like it, because he is letting the too-long sleeves slide, which is a first. I won't bore you too long with how cute she looks in it, let's just say toggle coats don't do her wrong. The red sneaks were passed on from a friend too, which is just such a huge blessing.

 
   And lastly, almost as good as free clothes are good deals. Especially when said good deals involve cute cookwear. And wouldn't you agree that this little red number qualifies? It cost 3,79 Euros! With the lid!


     Rosy has, on a handful of occasions, made me laugh. Hard. I mean, every day she makes me smile and there are no shortage of aw, cute moments, but sometimes she really busts me up, like this morning when I broke out dancing to some ridiculous song on Slovak Radio and she just looked at me like this. And looked. And looked. This wasn't quite the look, it was more like she was in a business meeting, but let's just say she was no-nonsense. And she, like her sister before her, has no problem telling me ''no sing,'' which she also uses for ''no dance'' and it just makes me laugh every time. She's in such an enjoyable stage right now because her speech is growing in leaps and bounds and she just repeats everything. Like today when she was climbing all over me and I said ''you cheeky monkey'' and was immediately answered back with ''cheeky monkey!'' Clear as a bell. But sometimes she gets things a little mixed up, like when I brush her teeth with toothpaste and she yells out ''poo-taste!'' Or, given the fact that it's my homemade toothpaste, she might not be so far off. Her little (or not-so-little) personality is just really coming out and it's a joy to behold. Today she saw a picture of Britney Spears online and yelled out, ''Look! A mask!'' (Hee hee).


     I hope to give Rosy a Moon and Stars birthday and I can honestly say I am so thankful for her wonder and enthusiasm regarding the moon. This whole month has been filled with anticipation every nightfall for that glorious orb to come out, and seeing it through her eyes, just as with Lily's, has been a good reminder to stop and notice how wonder-full it is.

The moooooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment